Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is a business unit that delivers services to Oracle’s enterprise customer base. ACS has become an integral part of the Oracle portfolio to address an increasing need by customers looking for cost-effective models on-premise or at Oracle datacenters. The Global Solution Center (GSC) is a global practice to provide Pre-sales expertise and is staffed with senior solution engineers and technical architects.
Solutions Engineers have proven track records in successful delivery of IT services for mission critical environments in major organizations. In addition to a specialization in the area of cloud architecture, they possess extensive, broad-based expertise across large-scale, project-based IT design/deploy/migrate services engagements and in the area of mission critical production operations and support. They have proven experience in industry standard project management and service management best practices.
In addition to extensive experience in IT services and technologies, each individual Solutions Engineer has deep knowledge in specific services & technology areas, and acts as a subject-matter expert in those areas within the team.
Solutions Engineers have extremely strong customer facing presentation and interaction skills; are capable of engaging at senior management and C-level; and articulating service and technology solutions in terms of business value and risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering required; Master’s or Ph.D. preferred
- 20+ years of IT services, including significant direct experience in services roles within multiple external IT services providers
- Broad understanding of typical enterprise applications and IT infrastructures including public and on-premises cloud, as well as acknowledge of multiple external and Oracle technologies
- Large scale IT project and program management, including major transformation, migration, and solution deployment projects
- IT service management, including managed services/outsourcing experience
- Commercial and contract management, including the construction of TCO analyses and pricing for complex service offers
- Sales and complex deal negotiation
- Architecting, implementing, and delivering complex service solutions for large scale, mission-critical IT environments
- Consulting and trusted-advisor roles to C-level within major customer organizations in relation to IT services
- Proven ability to construct and deliver compelling presentations and propositions to C-level and large audiences
Research, design, and implementation of IT systems and policies
concerning server infrastructure, storage, networks, applications middleware,
As part of the Solutions Engineering team, this role will be responsible for:
- working with product management, development, engineering, security, and operational groups to define/refine Oracle and 3rd-party applications architectures and guidelines
- consulting on complex/large customer solutions to identify integration concerns and mitigate delivery risks before the solution design process is complete
- contributing to ACS product strategy based on analysis of customer needs and industry trends in order to improve future solutions and reduce operating costs
Familiarity in Oracle products and technologies in domains, such as:
- Oracle Cloud environments including PaaS, Iaas, and SaaS in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure datacenters and Cloud@Customer on-premise
- Oracle Engineered Systems, such as Exadata, Exalogic, Exalytics, Supercluster, Big Data, Oracle Database Appliance
- Oracle storage technologies, such as ZDLRA, ZFS Appliances, and tape technologies
- Oracle applications, such as E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards, etc.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware components, such as Weblogic, IdM, SOA/BPEL/JMS.
- Databases, such as Oracle 11g/12c/18c/19c
Familiarity in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Security domains: i.e. Identity and Access Management, web/database/system security, etc.
- High Availability configurations
- Enterprise storage systems configuration and optimization for enterprise apps
- WAN connectivity architecture and performance
- Experience with multiple cloud vendors such as Azure, AWS, Google
- Architecture expertise in modern workloads such as Kubernetes, Cloud Native services, serverless applications, IoT, Blockchain, AI, ML
- Familiarity with enterprise operating systems including Linux, Oracle Linux, Solaris, Windows, etc.
- Certification as TOGAF and/or Zachman Enterprise Architect preferred
- Proven ability to translate complex customer requirements into solution/architecture definitions
- Outstanding communication skills in interacting with customers and influencing across the organization
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Master Principal Sales Consultant, you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner.3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience.7 years of business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design.In-depth knowledge of competitors.Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.